Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sailing into the calm, Fiji




We arrived a couple days ago and have been busy with boat projects and getting ready for my friend Megan to fly in on Monday from Bozeman. We're gonna head off to a group of islands called the Mamanucas for a week of sailing and diving. There's a famous surf break here called Cloudbreak that I'd like to check out, too. Tom Hanks' movie Castaway was filmed here. The infamous TV show called Celebrity Love Island was also filmed here as was a movie called The Blue Lagoon (yep the Brooke Shields one). Go Megan!

Sent from my iPad
Lexi Gulbranson
S/V Pau Hana
South Pacific 2015

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martin and Lexi! I am just reading your blog as I am thinking about Fiji while here in Japan! Were you able to check in at Momi Bay or Lautoka? Or did you have to go to Nadi? I am going to keep reading... Hope you guys are well! Dina

    ReplyDelete